Ducky City is a virtual world that makes it easy for people to make friends, get to know other people, in addition, it also combines play-to-earn to help people earn money.
Here are some notable milestones of DuckyCity from December 1, 2021 to February 10, 2022
- December 1, 2021: Team meeting, discussion, giving direction of the team to be able to successfully build DuckyCity virtual world
- December 6, 2021: The development team decided to publicize information about the project, officially working non-stop to bring DuckyCity to everyone as soon as possible (https://twitter.com/duckycity_io/ status/1467703727180054533)
- December 7, 2021: The dev team meets to decide on the initial technologies to use for the project, the design team meets to discuss the character and map concepts of DuckyCity
- December 13, 2021: The dev team has completed the code base for the project, starting to develop the most basic features
- December 22, 2021: The dev team has completed the character selection system, the character (simulation) can move freely in the city
- January 1, 2022: DuckyCity’s official twitter channel reaches 5000 followers
- January 5, 2022: The design team released the first character sketch of the DuckyCity virtual world – GoKu Duck (https://twitter.com/duckcity_io/status/1478759515176980480)
- January 6, 2022: The color scheme and animation of the first character is completed
First character – GoKu Duck
- January 8, 2022: The design team revealed the next 2 characters of DuckyCity – Frog Duck and Cat Duck
Frog Duck and Cat Duck
- January 12, 2022: Sketches of objects in the city (houses, trees, monuments, …) are released by the design team
Sketches of objects in maps
- January 13, 2022: Adding voice talk feature, players can connect and talk to each other when the distance is close enough, this feature uses end-to-end technology so users can safely use without fear of being tracked by a 3rd party
- January 19, 2022: The sketch map of the city is released by the design team
Sketch map of the city
- January 20, 2022: Adding chat feature as an alternative solution to help people still connect with each other in case voice talk cannot be used (no microphone, broken microphone, …). The chat feature is divided into 2 parts, world chat and area chat, world chat helps everyone to connect with each other while the area chat only shows up as chat bubbles with people nearby.
Area chat feature
- January 23, 2022: The design team meets with the dev team to discuss the size ratio of the objects in the map to bring everyone the most realistic world.
- January 27, 2022: Add the icon dialog feature when chatting
- February 1, 2022: DuckyCity’s official twitter channel reaches 10000 followers
- February 6, 2022: Team meeting to come up with solutions to help increase the performance of some features, and continue to develop new features
- February 8, 2022: Fix the error of the map size ratio
- February 10, 2022: Completed the animation for the duck and frog character
We will continue to work hard and bring you the latest updates, thanks for watching!